- 60 g Chicken breast (cut to bite-size pieces)
- 2 teaspoons Light soy sauce
- 50 g Baked ell (cut into 4 pieces)
- 4 Fresh shiitake mushrooms (stem discarded)
- 4 Large shrimps (peeled and de-vein)
- 1 tablespoon 3 cm lengths of mitsuba or parsley stalks
- 8 Gingko nuts (peeled, blanched and thin skins removed)
- 2 Large eggs
- 350 ml Basic dashi stock (Japanese fish stock)
- 3 teaspoons Light soy sauce
- A little shredded yuzu orange or lemon peel to garnish
Sprinkle the chicken with the soy sauce.
Assemble the eel, mushrooms, shrimps, mitsuba or parsley stalks and gingko nuts.
Break the eggs in a bowl and mix gently with chopsticks to avoid making bubbles.
Add the dashi stock and soy sauce. Mix well and strain.
Divide all the assembled ingredients among 4 individual china bowls or cups with lids and pour in the egg mixture.
Steam for 10 minutes over medium heat.
Served garnished with yuzu orange or lemon peel.