I cook the baked lamb from the front legs and chest of lamb but you can use any part of lamb. This is my favourite Easter food.
- 1 kg lamb
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 crushed garlic
- 1 tbs bean tressel
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 ts flour
- 3 tbs chopped green parsley
- 1 tbs chopped green dill
- Cut the meal down from the bones. Try to cut pieces as large as you can (the lamb will decrease by cooking). Wash it and rub with lemon juice. Then with crushed garlic and bean tressel. Spread over salt and pepper.
- Place it in a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil and let it bake on medium heat. Grease it with the oil from the pan from time to time. After it has baked for 75 minute take it out for greasing and rise the heat. Add few clove of garlic. Let it bake for another 10-15 minutes. The roast must have a crunchy crust without being dry.
- Take the meat off from the pan. Mix 1 tablespoon of soup/water with the flour and pour it in the pan. Let it boil 2-3 times. Then spread the greens over and serve it near the roast and potatoes puree.
- Or better: Clean the crust of 1 kg potatoes then cut them in large pieces. Rub them with salt and wash them. Add them in the pan after the roast baked for 60 minutes. Do all the other things the same way. When it's ready you'll have a great garnish for the roast.
- Must be served with garden lettuce/spinach salad.
- Baked lamb recipe ingredients are for 4 portions.