- 1 lb. beef flank steak
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- 4 tsp. Oriental dark roasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger root, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper pods, crushed
- 1 sm. red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz. frozen baby corn, defrosted
- 1/4 pound pea pods, julienned
- Cut beef steak lengthwise into 2 strips; slice across the grain into 1/8 inch thick strips.
- Combine soy sauce, 2 tsp. oil, sugar and cornstarch; stir into strips.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp. oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and pepper pods; cook 30 seconds.
- Add bell pepper and corn; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Remove vegetables. Stir-fry beef strips (half at a time) 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return vegetables and beef to wok and heat through. Serve with hot cooked rice.